Sr Project Engineer – Electrical Hardware
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. This person works within an engineering team and is responsible supporting the organization with the new and existing products, analysis, tools, and designs. This person collaborates internally and externally with multi-disciplined teams to help envision, create, modify, test, document, validate, design, debug and productionize electrical hardware solutions. A person in this role enjoys developing elegant hardware/software solutions through understanding customer needs, industry standards, and existing and novel electrical approaches. They also have strong technical background in moving electrical hardware from concept to production and beyond.
Husco is committed to building a diverse environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility to put a personal ‘stamp’ on their work
- To continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- To create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Scale Steep Learning Curve: Rapidly expand product knowledge, abilities, and toolkit (Altium designer, Electrical SPICE simulation, Embedded C, Siemens Amesim product, industry standards, , debugging, testing, Agile development methods) to apply to electrical hardware design and validations from concept to production.
- Develop, Validate, and Productionize Electrical hardware solutions: Apply a deep understanding of electrical engineering, power electronics, communication, board design, electrical component selection, and simulation to realize a competitive solution. Responsible for interpreting the industry and customer standards (EMC, ESD, vibration, Load dump, etc..), how to design to these standards, how to test for these standards, and ultimately to validate the system for robustness to industry standards for electrical system robustness including quality, security, and safety.
- Support Electrical Hardware from concept to production and beyond: Utilize expertise to quickly turn engineering requirements into reality. Support working with PCB fab and assembly manufacturing, Test labs, component suppliers, engineering labs, software engineers, and customers to develop the high value solution to the customer in early development, into production, and through obsolescence.
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication: Work closely with internal and external customers and suppliers during the concept, development and project launch phases to execute requests, respond to questions, troubleshoot, and resolve issues all the while building collaboration across teams.
- Deep Understanding of Electrical power and communication systems: Use knowledge of software, mechanical, and electrical domains to setup simulations, firmware, component tests, systems tests, and modifications of a PCBa. Will be relied upon to understand broad level of electrical systems and able to break down into the underlying components and circuits, finally, using this understanding to propose, implement, test, write software, and prove function/fit with respect to requirements.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combine a balance of attention to detail and completing work within project timelines while complying with process, quality, safety, and communication expectations.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering major or equivalent
- 4 years of work experience and demonstrated proficiency in embedded PCB power electronics, board design, board layout, testing, board rework/soldering, and debugging
- Demonstrated proficiency in a 3D board layout Design package
- Demonstrated proficiency in simulation of electronic circuits
- Capability to interpret and create schematics, circuits, requirements documents, datasheets, test plans, and FMEAs
- Understanding of Electrical requirements of mobile equipment (EMC, ESD, vibration, Load dump, etc..) and how to read, understand, design for, test, and validate conformity to applicable standards
- Experience in C programming and MCU development tools writing embedded software, drivers, communication protocols (CAN, SPI, etc…) firmware, test infrastructure for embedded hardware
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a group.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
NICE TO HAVE
- Proficient in Altium Designer
- Proficient in Embedded C
- Experience in working with stakeholders (internal, suppliers, test house, customer) to launch product
- Experience and interest in Siemens Simcenter Amesim Physical modeling product
- Interest to learn other coding languages and processes
- Experience in functional safety and security standards
- Experience/interest in Electrical Hardware functional safety and security requirements / standards
- Experience/interest in working with Electrical component and assembly manufacturers from concept, to test, to production and obsolescence
- Knowledge of hydraulic control systems, schematics and their applications preferred.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in writing software requirements, test plans, and documentation
- Comfortable with the analysis and able to break down large control systems into smaller component level systems
- Ability to understand and develop complex control systems in the mechatronics, robotics, hydraulic, or similar within an embedded system environment.
- Proficient in Git Version control system
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)