This position is located in Maquoketa, IA.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Materials Supervisor interfaces with all Manufacturing Departments to maintain required inventory accuracy and optimized inventory level, including the development, implementation, and maintenance of inventory control procedures. Responsibilities include the planning and administration of the Inventory Cycle Count Program and management of the receiving process for inbound goods. Ensure production business system support needs for transaction reconciliation and problem resolution are coordinated from this department, including resolution of shipping/receiving and work order transaction issues. A successful Materials Supervisor is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who can react quickly under pressure, prioritizes workload, and manages several tasks concurrently
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Manage Consistent Supply of Direct Materials for Production Operations and Maintain Inventory Accuracy: Administer the Inventory Cycle Count Program to assure compliance with established accounting guidelines. Focus on statistical counting process, including appropriate root cause analysis and effective corrective action. Manage additional inventory counts on apparent records error conditions – find causes, develop solutions and make appropriate adjustments. Develop, implement, and maintain inventory control procedures and programs that ensure accurate inventory records. Participate and/or facilitate projects relating to inventory moves or changes in material flow practices to ensure inventory accuracy is properly maintained. Sustain appropriate inventory structure within the business system for individual items and bill of materials.
- Coordinate Disposition of Obsolete Inventory: Administer and coordinate disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Receive Inventory: Provide timely receipt of all inbound goods to the company, assuring the highest levels of inventory accuracy and turnaround. Support corporate inventory turn objectives through these activities. Support evaluation and processing of manual material requisitions.
- Support New Products: Provide necessary coordination for supporting new product and Engineering Change Requests from a business systems and work order maintenance perspective.
- Continuous Improvement: Review current practices and business planning model to identify and implement improvement opportunities both for inventory turns and material total cost.
- Supervise and Develop Employees: Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside. Assemble talented teams. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability with subordinates. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform. Improve performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each subordinate’s career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- College Degree or equivalent military or formal training.
- Prior experience in both inventory control and production planning strongly preferred, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Materials related capacity required.
- Strong background in MPS/MRP and related business systems required. Experience in the implementation of these systems preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- (Ability to read, write and speak English.)
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)