Supplier Quality Engineer – $5,000 Sign On Bonus!
Open to candidates looking to relocate.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Supplier Quality Engineers design and implement a variety of quality control and/or inspection systems, procedures, equipment, testing, or techniques with the Husco supply base to ensure production accuracy and product quality meets or exceeds customer requirements. A Supplier Quality Engineer reviews the requirements, hard and soft, in the design, the assembly and the manufacture at the supplier to make certain that long term capability can be established and sustained. A successful Supplier Quality Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Develop Best-in-Class Global Supply Base: Work in close collaboration with Director of Quality and Purchasing Manager to identify and develop best-in-class global supply base with emphasis on achieving zero PPM. Complete new supplier systems audits along with current supplier process and systems audits. Facilitate supplier selection process relative to system quality expectations. Effective development and management “probationary” suppliers. Process FMEA’s throughout the potential supply base. Assess ISO/TS requirements and communicate results to stakeholders. Develop and ensure technology transfer between suppliers of equal standing to the benefit of Husco.
- Support New Product Launches and Existing Production: Maintain thorough understanding of inspection and manufacturing processes. Work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering to effectively introduce new programs to the external customer without any issue of concern. Complete PPAP and APQP on current and new production components and assemblies. Review documentation for completeness and conformity to regulatory standards and maintain latest revisions. Thoroughly understand documentation requirements internally and externally. Work with suppliers and quality engineers on continuous improvement efforts with goal of zero PPM. Take a leading role in technical cost reduction activities.
- New Product Development: Take a leading role in new program development activities through active involvement in Design and Process FMEA’s, within Husco and throughout the potential supply base. Work closely with engineering team to review the part/assembly related manufacture requirements from the conceptual stage to mature production, ensuring that designs are modified where necessary and that costs are managed effectively.
- Execute and Communicate Production Non-Conformance Reports (PNCR): Identify, understand and communicate non-conformances. Complete root cause analysis to ensure correct issues are addressed. Communicate supplier containment and certification of replacement parts. Ensure corrective action has been completed and is effective for root cause problem resolution.
- Support Purchasing Department: Support Purchasing endeavors to reduce/maintain costing and supply chain requirements. Define and take ownership of Supplier Recovery Activities on all lines.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- College Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline with Quality emphasis or equivalent education required.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and related inspection practices
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving, and organizational skills preferred 8D methodology.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail.
- Travel up to 50%, domestic and international; must have valid driver license for inter-plant travel and current passport.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)