This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Quality Technicians are responsible for evaluating and inspecting supplier components and finished products to ensure they meet specification. Successful Quality Technician reports, records and documents inspection findings and participates with root cause and solutions to a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Quality Technician is self-motivated and able to react quickly under pressure to prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Facilitate and Execute Inspection: Quality Technicians inspect and measure supplied material lots to ensure conformance to drawing specifications. Supporting the PPAP processes, Quality Technicians are fully knowledgeable in geometric tolerancing/design as well as the use of standard inspection equipment. Record and report findings.
- Quickly and Accurately Complete Failure Analysis & Cleanliness Testing: Evaluate, analyze and troubleshoot failures to determine the root cause and assist in the resolution of manufacturing, design or supplier related quality issues. Quality Technicians assist with the tear down valves and sub-assemblies. Work in collaboration with teams on part evaluation and brainstorming. Perform product contamination studies as required. Able to use cleanliness equipment. Utilize DMAIC problem solving approach.
- Ensure Production Equipment is Accurately Calibrated and Verified: Calibrate and/or verify production equipment used for production and testing, including test stands, gauging, and electronics. Write/edit processes for calibration instructions, as needed. Coordinate external calibration services and maintain calibration records and certifications.
- Support Engineering Studies, Operations and Purchasing: Quality Technicians perform studies and/or GR&R. Collect and record inspection and test data. Write purchase order requests to purchase new gages, equipment and supplies. Perform other technical work as directed by the Quality Engineers.
- Provide Timely Customer Service: Travel to customers as required to support customer concerns. Analyze customer concerns to determine root cause. Record data and communicate findings. Assist with sorting and containment activities in-house and at customers. Receive, log, test, analyze, report and store line/warranty returns from customers. Manage warehouse storage
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in engineering or quality or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in a hydraulics or similar manufacturing environment with an ISO or IATF16949 quality program, including mechanical testing and / or inspection, helpful.
- Fully knowledgeable in geometric tolerancing/design and the use of standard inspection metrology equipment.
- Experience related to the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, fixturing, and tooling helpful.
- Flexible to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with functional areas.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving skills. Able to handle interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)