This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Quality Technicians are responsible for evaluating and inspecting supplier components and finished products to ensure they meet specification. With minimal supervision, a successful Quality Technician reports, records and documents all aspects of inspection findings and statistics. Utilizing strong technical knowledge and trouble-shooting skills, Quality Technicians determine the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Quality Technician is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Facilitate and Execute Inspection. Quality Technicians inspect and measure new material lots from suppliers to ensure conformance to drawing specifications. Supporting the SPAP/PPAP processes, Quality Technicians are fully knowledgeable in geometric tolerancing/design as well as the use of standard inspection equipment. Act as backup tollgate inspector for the inspection of valves for certain features per instruction prior to shipping. Rejection of any valves that do not meet product specifications. Work per documented procedures. Accurately record and report findings.
- Quickly and Accurately Complete Failure Analysis & Cleanliness Testing. With minimal supervision, Quality Technicians evaluate, analyze and troubleshoot failures to determine the root cause and assist in the resolution of manufacturing, design or supplier related quality issues. Using various tools, Quality Technicians assist with the tear down valves and sub-assemblies. Work in close collaboration with Engineering on part testing, measurement and brainstorming. Perform valve and housing contamination studies as required per schedule. Flush valves per procedure and accurately identify contamination. Able to use cleanliness equipment. Drive necessary actions to achieve Quality departmental metrics of CPPM/CoQ/FTT/SPPM. Able to pull information from inspection data, test rack files and put the data into a useable format to analyze, using formats such as histograms, pareto charts and run reports. Utilize DMAIC problem solving approach.
- Ensure all Test Equipment is Accurately Calibrated and Verified. Calibrate and/or verify all test equipment used in testing valves and measuring equipment. This includes test stands, hard gauging, and electronics. Write/edit processes for calibration instructions, as needed. Ensure rig calibrations are completed per set schedules. Coordinate external calibration services as required. Maintain accurate calibration records and certifications.
- Support Engineering Studies, Operations and Purchasing. Quality Technicians perform engineering studies and/or GR&R per the request of the engineering, quality and operations teams. Collecting and recording accurate inspection and test data, Quality Technicians maintain databases and assist in problem analysis or product qualification, including the preparation of charts, graphs or reports. Quality Technicians are responsible for ensuring all new equipment is calibrated and work instructions are documented utilizing necessary manuals and tools. Complete inspection of parts for conformity prior to production runs. Write purchase order requests to purchase new gages, equipment and supplies. Perform other technical work as directed by the Quality Engineers.
- Conduct Quality and Production Audits. Conduct production line audits to verify compliance to established standards and processes including gage, oil cleanliness, assembly tools, valve cleanliness and documentation. Ensure honing controls and gages are in place and operational. Review and audit production documentation to make sure all documents are controlled and current.
- Provide Timely Customer Service. Travel to customers as required to support customer production line concerns. Analyze customer reported faults to determine liability. Record accurate data and communicate findings. Assist with sorting and containment activities in-house and at customers. Receive, log, test, analyze, report and store line/warranty returns from customers. Work per agreed schedules and turnaround times. Maintain good housekeeping standards and own returns warehouse levels. Produce accurate test results and analysis reports.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation tow
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in engineering or quality or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in a hydraulics or similar manufacturing environment with an ISO or (TS16949) QS9000 quality program, including mechanical testing and / or inspection, helpful.
- Fully knowledgeable in geometric tolerancing/design and the use of standard inspection metrology equipment.
- Experience related to the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, fixturing, and tooling helpful.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Quality Assurance.
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Operations, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)