Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Quality Managers are responsible for the development and execution of both short and long-term goals and strategies for the quality organization, which are supportive of divisional goals.
A Quality Manager effectively manages the resources of quality organization, systems and processes to optimize product quality, productivity and customer satisfaction. The position provides division management with an independent assessment of unit performance from a customer and field perspective. A Quality Manager also visibly leads the division’s efforts in customer satisfaction, based upon quality, delivery, and service to both internal and external customers.
A successful Quality Manager is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- To continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
- To create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Quality Leadership. Establish and maintain an environment that relentlessly monitors, assists, and motivates the pursuit of defect-free performance within the company, with specific emphasis on advance quality planning during product and manufacturing process development for new product launches. Organize, staff and manage the quality organization to achieve continuous improvements in systems, processes, and products. Resolve interdepartmental issues concerning the safety, quality, and performance of products. Engage others at all levels to drive a culture of quality improvement. Provide direction and tactical assistance to company leadership, managers, team leaders, operators and support staff. Develop performance goals for quality. Establish departmental goals to minimize budgetary expenditures while maintaining and improving the overall quality system. Drive necessary actions across organization in order to drive continuous improvement, and secure and retain applicable quality / environmental certifications. Maintain record systems and participate in quality audits.
- Internal Quality. Works with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement within internal quality. Development of internal quality processes aimed at improving FTT, reducing scrap and improving internal quality levels across all areas of the operation. Develops and maintains standards in terms of cleanliness and measurement that align with global, local and customer specifications. Identifies training requirements and works with Quality and Manufacturing teams to ensure that training supports the continuous improvement of product in relation to safety, quality and delivery.
- Customer Quality. Leads quality initiatives and activity that supports reductions in CPPM. Works closely with customers to provide feedback and support in relation to root-cause of customer line-side and field concerns. Oversees timely management and resolution of warranty claims. Investigates CPPM reports, ensuring that performance KPIs at customers are aligned with in-house understanding of CPPM performance.
- New Product Launches: Ensure relevant quality systems are in place. Adept in implementation of FEMA Control Plans and other tools in the advance quality planning (APQP). Execute capability studies and evaluate results. Work with cross-functional team to coordinate PPAP’s with OEM’s and suppliers. Prepare documents for customer acceptance.
- Supplier & Component Development/Corrective Action: Address supplier quality issues as required. Complete root cause analysis, containment and drive corrective actions at suppliers and through internal processes utilizing the Six Sigma DMAIC problem solving approach.
- Technical Resource: Conduct training and enforce policy in the areas of root cause analysis and corrective action, data analysis, statistical process control and Quality systems.
- Data Analysis & Report Generation: Identify, implement and maintain systems, tools and metrics that track key components of quality / cost of quality both internally and at suppliers. Full understanding of statistical data, Minitab and Excel. Able to pull information from inspection data, test rack files and put the data in into a useable format to analyze, using the Six Sigma toolset.
- Lead and Mentor Junior Quality Staff. Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior employees, including apprentices and interns. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to junior staff. Improve performance and abilities of junior staff through training and counseling. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Supervise and Develop Employees. Manage responsibilities and direction of direct reports consisting of Engineers and Engineering Technicians from conceptual prototype to production release. Manage indirect reports as needed to accomplish program goals. Direct Engineering team to ensure timely and successful completion of projects and new product introductions in accordance with above responsibilities. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside the company. Assemble talented teams. Broadly share both responsibility and accountability with subordinates. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform the duties assigned. Improve performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each subordinate’s career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Champion for Safety. Safety focus is critical for the company. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries. Also responsible for housekeeping in accordance with 5S principles.
- Relevant Degree in Industrial Operations, Mechanical Engineering, or Quality Assurance or equivalent education required.
- Six Sigma qualification preferred
- Significant experience in product design or manufacturing or quality.
- Prior experience managing personnel preferred.
- Experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Fully knowledgeable in geometric tolerancing/design and the use of standard inspection metrology equipment.
- Hands on experience related to the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, fixturing, and tooling helpful.
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Operations, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.