This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading, and entrepreneurial organization. The Quality Engineer position will execute a variety of assurance tasks consistent with corporate quality objectives and metrics. A successful Quality Engineer is self-motivated, a natural trouble-shooter, reacts quickly under pressure to prioritize and manage several concurrent tasks.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talent, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Quality Interface with Husco’s Customers: As primary customer quality contact, this position will urgently diagnose and communicate issues, including assurance of containment, root cause analysis and implantation of actions to both correct root causes and prevent future occurrences. Strive for zero PPM, minimal accrued costs, and world-class customer support.
- Support Existing Production Programs & New Product Launches: Ensure quality systems are in place for all assigned production areas. Work with Program Teams to create and then maintain APQP documentation (FMEAs, Control Plans, Process Flows, Work Inst, etc.) Execute GR&R analyses and capability studies to ensure confidence with equipment & product performance. Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams to manage PPAPs with customers.
- Interface with Husco’s Supply Base for Quality: Identify supplier-associated quality issues as they arise by overseeing containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation. Provide product/process expertise and visit suppliers where necessary.
- Data Analysis & Metrics: Maintain systems, tools, and metrics to track key quality indices, including customer PPM, FTT and scrap costs. Utilize Six Sigma expertise and evidence-based improvements to drive better results.
- Serve as Internal Technical Resource: Demonstrate knowledge of products and production process/equipment. Conduct training relatable to quality systems and automotive standards to satisfy competency of individuals performing critical functions.
- Promote Safety and Ergonomic Practices: Ensure housekeeping for all responsible areas in accordance with 5S principles.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)