This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco is adding collaborative, passionate, and technical Project Engineers to join our growing Automotive teams!
Project Engineers at Husco work closely with our key customers to deliver state-of-the-art solutions that optimize vehicle performance. Throughout these projects, our Project Engineers collaborate internally, offer outstanding customer support externally, and bring strong technical backgrounds to launch great products.
If you love to tackle new challenges, imagine innovative approaches to design, and exceed customers’ expectations for quality and efficiency, you will thrive here at Husco.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional skills, talents, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Own Project Launch: Work closely with team on 1-2 committed customer applications. Follow projects from prototype build and verification testing through production launch. Project Engineers own supplier development, pilot build, production line development and launch, program launch and overall ongoing program continuous improvement support. Plan, schedule, and control projects to meet established objectives for quality, reliability and performance.
- Maintain Design Control of Assigned Product(s): Understand form, fit, and function of product and all components thereof. Leverage understanding to optimize assigned product. Analyze the impact of changes on existing products or operations and assess the compatibility with goals in all areas. Analyzes cost effectiveness and feasibility. Maintain prints, specifications, and documents to communicate function, form, and fit of assigned product and components, for internal and external customers. Leverage appropriate engineering tools (analysis, hardware, etc.) to support design, test, build, troubleshooting and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication: Project Engineers will work closely with customers during project launch to execute requests, respond to questions and build collaboration across teams (both internal and external) as necessary.
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise: Demonstrate technical expertise in project management including; scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, and “selling” of new and innovative concepts. Function as a technical resource.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with multi-dimension teams and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with and orientation towards results/execution. Ultimately, work with project team to control price, maintain or exceed quality expectations, deliver on project timelines and provide superior customer communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience including demonstrated ability to create, develop and implement new product or operations concepts.
- Exposure to product design, verification testing, supplier development and customer support preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulic control systems and their applications.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing practices and GD&T.
- Possess a strong understanding of technical methods, mechanical engineering principles and systems
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions even in scenarios with limited information.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Team oriented, leadership/mentoring skills.
- Combined ability to work independently and interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)