This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading, and entrepreneurial organization. Designers work closely with our Husco Engineering team to support innovative new designs and customer applications. A successful Designer is detail-oriented, proficient in Pro/E, able to rapidly learn new concepts/techniques, a strong team player and has a strong mechanical and technical background. This individual will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and exceed customer expectations. Able to operate independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment, designers can switch gears quickly to meet project requirements and assure that design features, dimensions, tolerances and allowances conform to functional and manufacturing requirements.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talent, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Create Complete and Accurate Prints and Solid Models: Responsible for the creation and improvement of component drawings and solid models. Work closely with Engineering team to prepare conceptual sketches of new products from required specifications. Able to quickly grasp new component design concepts, creating design layouts that determine the relationship between components, tolerances, allocation of space and component geometry. Make necessary calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, selection of materials, hardware and type of construction. Consistently checks all layouts, sketches, calculations and formal drawing documentation of designs for accuracy, completeness and adherence to standards.
- Design for Assembly and Manufacturability: Investigate design options to reduce cost, improve performance and optimize manufacturability. Ensure design features, dimensions, tolerances and allowances conform to function and manufacturing requirements.
- Execute New Project Set-up and Design Change Requirements: Create new project folders, project set-up in Baan and updating engineering print database. Responsible for revising drawings, preparing change orders, investigating change requests and proposing redesigns to improve performance or reduce costs.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve: Rapidly expand equipment and component knowledge. A wide variety of new designs and applications are developed within the Engineering department, requiring successful Designers to grasp concepts and build a deep knowledge of component design requirements quickly.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced, high pressure and dynamic atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail and technical background with ability to execute quickly and consistently with minimal supervision. Able to take direction from multiple engineers, effectively managing priorities and communication.
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training with emphasis in Mechanical Design or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience using CAD technology relevant to current Husco software: Pro/E experience required; CATIA, FEA and QuickCAD experience helpful.
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawing practices, ANSI standards, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)