This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Plan, layout, and perform all bench and machine operations to construct, alter, and repair intricately designed and constructed tools, fixtures, gauges, machines, machine attachments and mechanisms. A general knowledge of machining and tooling practices and techniques is required.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Diagnose machine, fixtures and tooling malfunctions and operating difficulties. Determine repairs and adjustments; either temporarily to keep machines fixtures and tooling in production, or permanently if required and feasible
- Able to operate tool grinders and O.D. grinding machines
- Rebuild machines fixtures and tooling, overhaul troublesome components and attachments, involving dismantling, inspection, machining and/or replacement of purchased parts
- Layout repair parts
- Setup and operate machine tools to machine parts, frequently improvising standard machines, tooling and attachments to perform unusual, highly precise and complicated operations
- Perform skilled operations such as fitting and aligning of bearings, spindles and shafts, fit align and calibrate parts, adjusting and feeding mechanisms
- May guide, direct and assign work to apprentices
- Work from complicated drawings and specifications.
- Use a wide variety of precision instruments for exacting measurements
- Do developmental and experimental work, select allowances and materials, proceed from own conception in absence of design and specifications
- Assume responsibility for quality workmanship and dimensional accuracy of assigned work
- Requires a basic knowledge of production machines, tooling and fixtures, along with machining skills, knowledge of shop mathematics, metals and their properties.
- Requires completion of a Tool and Die Maker Apprenticeship
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)