Talent Development Specialist
The Talent Development Specialist drives initiatives to support a culture of learning and development at Husco. This position will create strategic programs and execute those programs to build and maintain effective development, promotion, retention, and succession opportunities for employees. The Talent Development Specialist will also be responsible for full program development and management of employee training, reviews, succession planning, and culture/engagement. They will be responsible to support and improve a culture that attracts and retains a talented and engaged high-performing workforce. This position will play a critical role in Husco’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Drive the efforts to sustain a culture that attracts and retains a talented and engaged high-performing workforce: Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent. Create individual, team, and division development plans to support company growth and expansion goals.
- Function as a cultural steward of Husco: Implement the engagement and top workplace surveys and report data and action items to key stakeholders. Oversee and administer the annual performance review process for all employees. Coach employees and leaders to create actionable goals, provide performance feedback, and conduct effective performance discussions.
- Support and develop DE&I initiatives: Serve on the Corporate DE&I committee to support attraction, inclusion, and awareness initiatives that align with committee and organizational goals.
- Design, deliver, and maintain training materials: Lead all training programs for the US and partner with global HR leaders for best practices and alignment. Create and deliver or partner with external experts to provide all soft skill, leadership, and technical training. Utilize training validation methods including competency testing and participant evaluations to measure training outcomes. Maintain thorough understanding of industry best practices for employee and leadership development including 360 feedback and other assessment tools. Identify learning offerings and participate in the selection of vendors, suppliers and other contracted resources.
- Employee engagement and culture values: Facilitate employee engagement meetings during milestone moments including onboarding, performance, and separation discussions. Analyze and quantify feedback for trends and actionable changes for organizational improvement. Be available as a ‘voice of reason’ to employees and leaders for career development and coaching moments.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution. Assist with the maintenance and interpretation of all company policies, employee handbooks, and on-boarding and orientation materials. Provide support as needed to Human Resource team members to assure the attainment of departmental objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, organization communication, psychology or a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in human resources, specifically in talent development, talent management, or organizational development
- Experience driving talent initiatives and building relationships that gain buy-in and commitment to the value of learning and development initiatives
- Must be able to comfortable working in strategic and tactical paths
- Can transform data and complex problems into actional and engaging initiatives
- Ability to establish credibility and trust and build collaborative partnerships with all levels of leadership and individuals across the organization
- Experience in aligning projects, tasks, and goals with departmental and organizational strategy
- Experience with learning management systems (LMS), preferably eLoomi; 360 feedback products; virtual communication tools (Teams); SharePoint, and survey tools
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time between US Husco locations
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)