Supervisor – 2nd Shift
This position is located in Whitewater, WI and is 2nd Shift.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Plant Supervisor exhibits strong accountability and responsibility for production, quality, delivery, training, safety, project assignments, and administrative responsibilities for the assigned shop department(s). A successful Plant Supervisor is a strong leader, a good problem-solver and self-motivated.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Own Achievement of Daily Production Metrics: Strong accountability & responsibility for production safety, quality delivery, productivity, and expense control. Responsible for high level product quality standards. Goal of zero defects. Meet and/or exceed product delivery commitments. Effectively manage production of new, added, and past due orders.
- Manage Employee Metrics: Complete and maintain recordkeeping responsibilities related to employee attendance, overtime, discipline, vacation, payroll, performance, etc. Recommends appropriate action to Plant Manager to improve metrics.
- Continuous Improvement: Maintain departmental focus on metrics and organizational objectives to drive continuous improvement for measurable improvement in safety, quality, delivery, and productivity metrics.
Maintain a Lean Manufacturing Culture: Use lean manufacturing techniques coupled with data driven decision making to drive 0 ppm customer reported quality, warranty and on-time delivery standards.
- Respond to Incidents: Function as a safety advocate to drive a continuous improvement and safety culture. Partner with the Environmental, Health, and Safety department to create a proactive safety-minded environment. Respond to all safety-related incidents including, but not limited to, accidents and near misses, and write a report that explains what happened, identifies the cause and recommends corrective action within 24 hours of the incident’s occurrence. Follow up as necessary to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- Supervise and Develop Employees: Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside. Assemble talented teams. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability with subordinates. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform. Improve performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each subordinate’s career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Prior supervision experience in an assembly or machining environment is preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all internal stakeholders and customers when shop visits are conducted.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)