Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Supervisor exhibits strong accountability and responsibility for production, quality, delivery, training, safety, project assignments, and administrative responsibilities for the assigned shop department(s). A successful Supervisor is a strong leader, a good problem-solver and self-motivated.
- Supervise and Develop Employees. Supports and enables the implementation of the strategic direction and vision for the operation. Demonstrates and drives core values through action to colleagues. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside. Assemble talented teams. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability with subordinates. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform. Improve performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each subordinate’s career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Clear Communicator and Team Builder. Communicates effectively at all levels, both vertically and cross functionally, and with internal and external customers. Influences teams, engages others and motivates them to support manufacturing strategy and activity, and is able to pull teams together. Keeps management appraised of progress and obstacles that constrain attainment of company objectives. More importantly, offers and implements proposals for overcoming said obstacles.
- Manage Employee Metrics. Strong accountability & responsibility for production safety, quality delivery, productivity, and expense control. Responsible for high level product quality standards. Goal of zero defects. Meet and/or exceed product delivery commitments. Effectively manage production of new, added, and past due orders. Complete and maintain recordkeeping responsibilities related to employee attendance, overtime, discipline, holiday, payroll, performance, etc. Recommends appropriate action to the Warehouse Materials Manager and Area Managers to improve metrics.
- Continuous Improvement. Drives continuous improvement for measureable improvement in safety, quality, delivery, and productivity metrics.
- Maintain a Lean Manufacturing Culture. Use lean manufacturing techniques coupled with data driven decision making to drive 0 ppm customer reported quality, warranty and on-time delivery standards.
- Champion for Safety and the Environment. Maintains an operation that meets all regulatory and organisational standards for safety and the environment, and proactively drives improved safe and environmentally aware working practices. Safety focus is critical. Is responsible for supporting the facilitation of continuous training / education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and / or lost time injuries. Is also responsible for driving 5S standards. Respond to all safety-related incidents including, but not limited to, accidents and near misses, and write a report that explains what happened, identifies the cause, implements containment measures and recommends corrective action within 24 hours of the incident occurrence. Follow up as necessary to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Prior supervision experience in a dispatch, paint or assembly environment is preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Manufacturing Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Scheduling, Human Resources, Accounting, Shipping/Receiving, Sales/Marketing, and customers when shop visits are conducted.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.