Strategic Sourcing Manager
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Manager of Strategic Sourcing is responsible for quoting, negotiating and sourcing Direct Materials to support New Product Development. Responsibilities also include achieving annual cost reduction goals, Purchase Contract development, Commodity Management, and supply base relationship management for assigned business unit(s) to ensure a consistent source of supply for all Husco Automotive Direct Materials globally.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Strategic Supply Base Alignment: Locate new sources of supply and or assist existing sources to facilitate continued growth and alignment with business direction for new products. The strategic needs include: global commercial competitiveness, technical ability and innovation, capacity, quality, and ability to meet delivery/timeline expectations.
- Maintain Critical Supply Relationships: Maintain excellent relationships at the highest levels within Husco and at critical suppliers globally. Establish and maintain regular communications with these critical internal and external stakeholders.
- Meet Commercial Expectations: Drive overall cost competitiveness throughout the supply base through optimization, negotiation, identification of efficiency opportunities, design/manufacturing opportunities, and identification of new suppliers. Perform high level to detailed capacity planning with suppliers. Resolve issues with suppliers who are having difficulty meeting Husco needs.
- New Product Launches: Ensure that Direct Materials for new programs are launched successfully, meeting component and tooling cost commitments, quality, capacity and timeline expectations. Coordinate global Husco and supply base resources, as needed, to launch products successfully and in a manner that is sustainable over the long-term. Where the supply base is not currently capable of meeting the development expectations, either expand the capabilities of the existing supply base (in conjunction with Supplier Development team) or expand the supply base.
- Support Annual Profit Planning Requirements: In conjunction with the Director – Strategic Sourcing, prepare detail analysis / metrics of purchasing organization performance and develop plans / objectives for following year.
- Plan and Execute continuous year on year cost reductions with suppliers.
- Participate in New Program Design Reviews: Support new program design reviews and ongoing project needs by providing insight into optimal component sourcing strategy, cost, lead times, etc.
- Supervise and Develop Employees: Provide a clear strategic direction and vision for direct reports which aligns with corporate objectives and manufacturing strategies. Mentor and Coach Manufacturing Plant specific Supply Chain professionals.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Operations discipline. MBA helpful.
- A minimum of six (6 – 10) years of procurement, supply chain or related new product development experience in a manufacturing environment including a minimum of (2 – 4) years of automotive manufacturing procurement experience supporting strategic sourcing and supply management.
- Demonstrated process and part cost reduction through innovative best practice approaches.
- High level of analytical skill combined with excellent computer skills.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- International and domestic travel up to 30%.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)