Sr Quality Engineer
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
A Senior Quality Engineer will execute a variety of quality assurance tasks consistent with the focus factory and corporate quality objectives and metrics. Responsibilities include development and implementation of shop floor quality procedures, support of advanced product planning (FMEAs, control plans, product / process capability studies), and audits of the manufacturing process and system for compliance. A Sr. Quality Engineer will identify quality issues and improvement opportunities and take an active role in their resolution, insuring product quality that meets or exceeds customer requirements. A successful Sr. Quality Engineer is self-motivated and is a natural data driven problem solver who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Internal Quality: Adept in six sigma problem solving techniques. Develop and implement corrective actions and continuous improvement plans by applying problem solving tools and utilizing cross-functional teams. Drive necessary actions across organization in order to secure and retain applicable quality certifications. Maintain record systems and participate in quality audits. Identify, implement and maintain systems, tools and metrics that track the quality department goals and objectives.
- Leadership: Provide support and leadership to team leaders, production operators and support staff. Lead data driven continuous improvement projects. Mentor site quality engineers / technicians and line leads in problem solving techniques.
- Lead New Product Launches: Ensure relevant quality systems are in place. Adept in implementation of FMEA, Control Plans, and other tools in the advance quality planning (APQP). Execute capability studies and evaluates results. Work with cross-functional team to coordinate PPAP’s with OEM’s and suppliers. Prepare documents for customer acceptance.
- Oversee Supplier & Component Development/Corrective Action: Address supplier quality issues as required. Complete root cause analysis, containment and drive corrective actions at suppliers and through internal processes. Utilize DMAIC problem solving approach.
- Serve as a Technical Resource: Conduct training and enforce policy in the areas of root cause analysis and corrective action, data analysis, statistical process control and Quality systems.
- Data Analysis & Report Generation: Identify, implement and maintain processes, tools and metrics that track key components of quality objectives / cost of quality. Full understanding of statistical data and excel. Able to pull information from inspection data, test rack files and put the data in into a useable format to analyze, using formats such as histograms, pareto charts and run charts.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation toward results/execution.
- Champion for Safety: Safety focus is critical. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries. Also responsible for housekeeping in accordance with 5S principles.
- College Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Quality Assurance or equivalent education required. (Six Sigma Certification a plus)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Fully knowledgeable in geometric tolerancing/design and the use of standard inspection metrology equipment.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision making skills and abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple and varied tasks including frequent interruptions effectively.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills to aid in the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)