Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for project leadership of large-scale projects – typically new product lines for OEM applications, development of new manufacturing technology, support of new product lines or major improvements of existing product lines in support of Husco strategic objectives. Actively supports and/or implements continuous improvement philosophies and techniques, training and development of training materials. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritizes workload, and manages several tasks concurrently; he has strong theoretical and practical mechanical and machine controls background.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional talent, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Leads New Product Development and Implementation. Create and develop manufacturing system concepts to fulfill business needs. Work with design engineers and production to design, quote, specify, order, debug, receive, install, and runoff new production equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, assembly stations, work cells, test stations, material handling equipment, and packaging for new products/new processes. Supports the new product development process activities to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. Document procedures, processes, and best practices to support the new equipment. Preparation of both strategic and financial analysis for capital expenditures and large-scale projects.
- Develop and Implement New Manufacturing Processes. Conceives, develops and successfully implements new manufacturing processes and technology in support of strategic objectives.
- Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency. Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. Implement/modify manufacturing processes to fulfill business needs. Work with production employees to continually improve production operations, system maintenance and design concepts through coaching, equipment design/modification/selection, training, and participation in PPI activities. Communicate and assist the manufacturing aspects of the current production operations. Assign and/or perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. May supervise Engineering Technicians and ME Interns.
- Upgrade Material and Equipment. Work with advanced engineering and equipment suppliers to determine designs and configurations for new equipment and upgrades in conformance with company specifications and quality standards. Preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures for tooling and equipment needed in support of existing product lines or processes. Monitor and control all phases of new equipment construction from design approval though implementation on factory floor and control equipment costs during this process.
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise. Demonstrate your technical expertise in project management including but not limited to; scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, “selling” of new and innovative concepts. Technical resource for specific manufacturing methods and/or philosophies. Contribute significant technical support for large scale projects and existing manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Interface between Marketing, Design and Production to ensure designs are acceptable for manufacturing, equipment is designed in accordance with the designs presented and the equipment will work with the equipment we currently have. Work with peers and other support personnel with specifics to training on production equipment, problem solving, and preventive maintenance.
- Lead and Mentor Junior ME and Technical Staff. Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior Manufacturing Engineering staff. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to junior staff. Improve performance and abilities of junior staff through training and counseling. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced, high pressure and dynamic atmosphere.
Combines strong attention to detail and technical background with ability to execute quickly and consistently. Able work with product engineering, marketing, and production personnel, effectively managing priorities and communication. Program manager of the project need to be considered as internal customer; working with all above optimize scope of work without sacrificing cost, and delivery of equipment.
- Champion for Safety. Safety focus is critical for the company. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Machine Design Engineering required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of related professional experience
- Experience leading and delivering on a large-scale manufacturing system.
- Working knowledge of engineering calculations including but not limited to: kinematics, power, torque, structural, cylinders, cams, air and oil flow/pressure calculations, machine cycle time etc.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Position will require about 15%- 20% travel time, half of it international.
- Authorized to work in the United States.