This position is located in Whitewater, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. A Scheduler produces/tracks all parts and service production schedules, tracks inventory accuracy and capacity, coordinates parts and service shipments and will interface with Machine Shop and Assembly Supervisors, Sales, Manufacturing Engineering, and Design Engineering. A successful Scheduler is a strong leader, a good problem-solver and self-motivated.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Communicate Effectively. Effectively communicate any customer related issues to applicable people. Issues could be component problems, missed shipments, or schedule changes. Clearly communicate responsibilities, expectations, and priorities to shipping personnel. Interact with customers regarding shipments, schedule changes, shortages, or other topics to develop and maintain a good working relationship.
- Production Scheduling. Analyze customer requirements and schedule appropriate production. Complete root cause analyses as it relates to scheduling and shipping issues. Verify accuracy of customer schedules. Identify “lumpy” customer requirements that necessitate “leveling” to achieve the acknowledged date. Track component availability and on-hand balance accuracy. Propose schedule changes to supervisors and management. Track finished goods and determine what to ship on a daily basis and track WIP to meet future shipments. Create and track orders, and coordinate shipments to Husco facilities. Develop capacity plans for production and pick/pack/ship. Expedite Suppliers (including internal Husco F/Fs) and Develop Supplier metrics. Release and dispatch production orders. Release pick lists and develop schedules. Reconcile inventory errors and shortages.
- Prioritize Daily Activities. Able to work in a fast paced environment with limited resources and a sense of urgency. Effectively prioritize and complete supply chain activities – processing shipments, scheduling, shipping, logistics, customer service.
- Utilize Various Systems Effectively. Strong understanding and utilization of the following systems:
- Baan – Material Requirements Planning; create, maintain, report, and delete production orders. Create and maintain sales contracts and sales schedules, set up customers for EDI transactions. Maintain finished good inventory accuracy. Process shipments and produce barcode labels and maintain Item Master. Create, track, and reschedule Shop Floor Control (SFC) orders using Baan ERP system
- Crystal Reports- Generate reports and organize data using report writing applications and Excel.
- Excel – Create spreadsheets and update as needed.
- Internet / Customer Systems – Pull customer schedules and work customer systems as required.
- Manage Continuous Improvement Efforts. Develop and drive longer term initiatives and projects for continuous and step function improvement in key performance metrics related to safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and profitability.
- Maintain a Lean Manufacturing Culture. Use lean manufacturing techniques coupled with data driven decision making to drive 0 ppm customer reported quality, warranty and on-time delivery standards.
- Monitor Finished Goods Inventory. Monitor finished goods inventory accuracy and audit production order reporting. Plan and implement finished goods inventory control initiatives. Maintain on time shipments to Customers.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Associate’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of prior experience in both inventory control and production planning.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
APICS certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems. Baan experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)