This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Quality Engineer will execute a variety of quality assurance tasks consistent with the focus factory and corporate quality objectives and metrics. Tasks include supplier corrective actions, development and implementation of shop floor quality procedures, support of advanced product planning (FMEAs, control plans, product / process capability studies), and audits of the system for compliance. The Quality Engineer is tasked with identifying quality issues and taking an active role in their resolution, ensuring product quality that meets or exceeds customer requirements. A successful Quality Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure and prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Internal Quality Leadership. Provide support and leadership to team leaders, operator and support staff. Develop and implement corrective actions and continuous improvement plans by applying problem solving tools and utilizing cross-functional teams. Drive necessary actions across organization in order to secure and retain applicable quality / environmental certifications. Maintain record systems and participate in quality audits. Identify, implement, and maintain systems, tools and metrics that track the key components of the total cost of quality.
- Support New Product Launches. Ensure relevant quality systems are in place. Adept in implementation of FEMA Control Plans and other tools in the advance quality planning (APQP). Execute capability studies and evaluates results. Work with cross-functional team to coordinate PPAP’s with OEM’s and suppliers. Prepare documents for customer acceptance.
- Support Supplier & Component Development/Corrective Action. Address supplier quality issues as required. Complete root cause analysis, containment and drive corrective actions at suppliers and through internal processes. Utilize DMAIC problem solving approach.
- Serve as a Technical Resource. Conduct training and enforce policy in the areas of root cause analysis and corrective action, data analysis, statistical process control and Quality systems.
- Data Analysis & Report Generation. Identify, implement and maintain systems, tools and metrics that track key components of quality / cost of quality both internally and at suppliers. Full understanding of statistical data and excel. Able to pull information from inspection data, test rack files and put the data in into a useable format to analyze, using formats such as histograms, pareto charts and run reports.
- Supervise and Develop Employees. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain and develop the best people from inside or outside. Assemble talented teams. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform. Improve performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each subordinate’s career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.)
- Champion for Safety. Safety focus is critical. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries. Also responsible for housekeeping in accordance with 5S principles.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation toward results/execution.
- College Degree in Industrial Operations, Mechanical Engineering, or Quality Assurance or equivalent education required.(Six Sigma Certification a plus)
- 2-3 years experiences working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Fully knowledgeable in geometric tolerancing/design and the use of standard inspection metrology equipment.
- Hands on experience related to the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, fixturing, and tooling helpful.
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Operations, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail.
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)