Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. A Production Planner interfaces with all manufacturing departments and the Master Scheduler to release production orders accordingly. The schedules will meet changing customer requirements yet provide sufficient reaction time to manufacturing and the supply base, while constantly driving toward increased inventory turns. Coordinate customer expedites, communicate with the Customer Service and Operations team on key planning issues, and prepare various manufacturing reports. A Production Planner interacts with Operations, Customer Service, Engineering, Inventory Control and Purchasing. A successful Production Planner is a strong coordinator, an effective communicator, a good problem-solver and is self-motivated.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
Optimize Production Scheduling. Interface with manufacturing departments and Master Scheduler to optimize near-term production schedules to meet customer needs and minimize internal and supply base volatility, inefficiency, expediting, and additional cost.
- Effective sequencing of jobs, processes and assignments to individual work centers or lines and provide interface between Operations, Customer Service and Master Scheduler
- Coordinate with Operations to develop and execute production plan.
- Develop effective scheduling process to achieve production objectives.
- Proactively identify, analyze and address production issues in a timely fashion.
- Daily analysis, planning, and review of work center capacity based on requirements loaded by Customer Service and Master Scheduler.
- Verify labour reporting accuracy. Works with Operations to orchestrate effective resolution of root cause of any issues found.
- Maintain and review dispatch lists targeting sales order due dates.
- Communicate with various departments on any potential production issues or needs.
- Work with Master Scheduler and Operations to plan, coordinate and communicate production schedules.
- Develop and maintain daily / weekly production status reports.
- Monitor workflow and schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure that production plans are provided in sufficient time to ensure material, labour and equipment availability is prepared in advance.
- Coordinate with production, purchasing and sales teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters.
- Generate production reports to Managers for critical decision making purposes.
Maintain a Lean Manufacturing Culture. Use lean manufacturing techniques coupled with data driven decision making to drive 0 ppm customer reported quality, warranty and on-time delivery standards.
Champion for Safety. Create an operation that meets all state regulatory standards for safety. Establish a positive culture aligned with the organization’s mission, HR policies and procedures, and consistent with HUSCO’s core values. Safety focus is critical. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries. Also responsible for housekeeping in accordance with 5S principles.
Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent education or experience.
- Relevant experience in production planning and control required.
- In-depth knowledge of MPS/MRP and a strong background in business system and logistics required.
- Experience in Materials related capacity is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.