Payroll and Benefits Manager
Husco provides energetic, driven analytical and forward-thinking HR professionals the opportunity to create, enhance, and support company programs within the Global Human Resources department. The Payroll and Benefits Manager will function as the strategic leader for all payroll, compensation, benefits and systems related projects and programs. The Payroll and Benefits Manager will have responsibility to build the organizational strategy for compensation and benefits to attract and retain top talent within North America. This includes planning, designing, implementing, administrating and communicating of cost-effective employee benefits programs, including health, welfare and various retirement plans, consistent with Company objectives. This position will require close collaboration with all members of the Global HR team and others in the leadership team.
- Payroll: Lead the Payroll team for all company divisions to include answering complex payroll, tax, and compliance related issues. Manage the processing of the annual Affordable Care Act filing to ensure company compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Stay current all on legal and regulatory changes that will impact Husco and evaluate and present best-case solutions for compliance. Partner with accounting teams to ensure all accounting duties related to the payroll function and expat payrolls are complete.
- Compensation: Develop and enhance all compensation strategies and structures for Shop/Production and Office employees. Partner with regional HR and Plant Managers to understand the local market and challenges to attract and retain talent. Complete annual salary surveys and reviews of wage ranges. Support activities to complete bonus and merit cycle processing and track Long Term Compensation processing.
- Payroll Systems and Data Integrity: Maintain accuracy and data integrity within the HRIS system. Partner with IS Business Intelligence team to develop and present dynamic and useful information to aid in effective business decisions.
- Benefits: Manage company and employee benefit plans while considering cost/loss trends, new industry developments and market trends. Recommend changes to company plans to ensure they remain both competitive and cost-effective and retirement programs designed to attract and retain qualified employees. Ensure that all plans are in compliance with state and federal regulations and laws. Partner with insurance brokers to survey and obtain coverage trends, options and costs; responds to insurance proposals from brokers, agents and consultants and makes recommendations for coverage and provider changes.
- Wellness and other Benefits Programs: Strategize and manage the wellness program for the organization to promote healthy lifestyles within employees and their families. This includes reviewing, updating, and maintaining wellness communication and opportunities. Evaluate programs such as health risk assessments, wellness incentives and reimbursement programs, and creative ways to create a fit and healthy lifestyles. Develop easy to use benefits communication/reference tools for employees.
- Service Oriented Resource for Internal Employee Issues and External Inquiries: Foster, and be part of, a service-minded and customer-focused department. Field general questions and problems from employees, research issues through to resolution, and follow up with employees as needed.
- Supervises and Develops Employees: Demonstrates core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provides challenging and stretch tasks and assignments. Hires the best people from inside or outside of the organization. Assembles talented staffs. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability. Let’s employees finish their own work and trusts people to perform. Improves performance and abilities of subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Is aware of each subordinate’s career goals. Brings out the best in people and is an effective people builder.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Human Resources within payroll, benefits, and compensation administration and including experience managing and leading others.
Requires a familiarity with HR policies, tax, recordkeeping and other legal requirements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, producing results with accuracy and reliability.
- High level of computer literacy to include Microsoft products, HRIS Systems, and reporting tools.
- Proven organizational and time management skills. Able to Multi-task, tolerate peak workloads working overtime as required. Ability to work independently and handle several projects at a time.
- Highly confidential in all aspects of professional interaction.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.