This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. A Materials Planner is responsible for maintaining supply chain parameters for component families, analyzing inventory trends, assisting in material delivery management to factories and completing analysis projects. A Materials Planner will also assist Sourcing Engineers/Analysists and the Commercial Supply Chain Manager in developing and enhancing supplier relationships, cost avoidance events, and identifying planner gaps and needs. A successful Materials Planner is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Review and Issue Supplier Schedules: Monitor suppliers in commodities managed for schedule compliance; communicate with suppliers regarding components that are late to schedule, “past due”, and put together action plans to get them current to schedule. Identify instances of under planning and develop a recovery plan.
- Provide Expediting and Logistical Support: When necessary, expedite orders or provide logistical support to ensure all incoming material and subcomponents arrive to support production requirements. Track and report the costs associated with expedited and premium freight.
- Master Data Management: Maintain planning parameters (frozen periods, released/planned/forecast parameters on contracts, etc.) so they support policies as outlined in the planner playbook. Update safety stock requirements based on recommendations from InvOpt.
- Prepare, Maintain, and Distribute Status and Measurement Reports: Develop and present required measurement reports. Maintain the “Delivery” portion of all supplier report cards. Participate in S&OP as necessary. Develop and distribute additional status reports as requested by management. Develop action plans for delivery improvement, inventory balancing (OBS / slow moving) between business units, freight management, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned: Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- College Degree or equivalent, preferably in operations/supply chain management or similar programs.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in purchasing in a repetitive manufacturing environment with a working knowledge of MRP/ERP.
- Negotiation skills required.
- CPIM or CPM, desirable.
- High level of analytical skill combined with excellent computer skills.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- International and domestic travel up to 10%.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)