Manufacturing Engineering Manager
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Manager of Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for leading large-scale new product introductions, developing and implementing new manufacturing technologies, and defines long-term manufacturing process and equipment strategies. Provide leadership for the Manufacturing Engineering group, fostering a high level of innovation to fully leverage existing expertise and capital equipment and to develop new, state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies across multiple facilities and divisions. Actively support and/or implement continuous improvement philosophies and techniques (e.g. lean enterprise, six sigma). A successful Manager of Manufacturing Engineering is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Leads New Product Implementation. Create and develop manufacturing system concepts to fulfill business needs. Work with design engineers and production to quote, specify, order, debug, receive, install, and runoff new production equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, assembly stations, work cells, test stations, material handling equipment, and packaging for new products/new processes. Support the new product development process through PFMEA, DFM, and CAPP activities to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. Document procedures, processes, and best practices to support the new equipment. Preparation of both strategic and financial analysis for capital expenditures and large scale projects. Keep management apprised of progress and obstacles that constrain attainment of company objectives, providing proposals for overcoming said obstacles.
- Supervise and Develop Employees. Direct team to ensure timely and successful completion of projects and new product introductions in accordance with above responsibilities. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside the company.
- Develop and Implement New Manufacturing Processes. Conceive, develop and successfully implement new manufacturing processes and technology in support of strategic objectives.
- Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency. Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. Implement/modify manufacturing processes to fulfill business needs. Work with production employees to continually improve production operations, system maintenance and design concepts through coaching, equipment design/modification/selection, training, and participation in PPI activities. Communicate and assist the manufacturing aspects of the current production operations. Assign and/or perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. May manage Engineers, Engineering Technicians and ME Interns.
- Upgrade Material and Equipment. Work with engineering and equipment suppliers to determine designs and configurations for new equipment and upgrades in conformance with company specifications and quality standards. Preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures for tooling and equipment needed in support of existing product lines or processes. Monitor and control all phases of new equipment construction from design approval though implementation on factory floor and control equipment costs during this process.
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise. Demonstrate technical expertise in project management including; scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, and “selling” of new and innovative concepts. Function as a technical resource for specific manufacturing methods and/or philosophies. Contribute significant technical support for large scale projects and existing manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Interface between Design and Production to ensure designs are acceptable for manufacturing, equipment is designed properly to work with the designs presented and the equipment will align with the equipment we currently have. Work with peers and other support personal with specifics to training on production equipment, problem solving, and preventive maintenance.
- Champion for Safety. Safety focus is critical for the organization. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries. Also responsible for housekeeping in accordance with 5S principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing discipline required.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.), leading large-scale manufacturing projects and plant level process experience.
- Prior experience managing personnel preferred.
- Mastery of philosophy and techniques of several of the following: cellular manufacturing, self-directed work teams, problem solving, 5S, pull systems, mistake proofing, SMED, Kaizen, change management, ergonomics, TQM, learning organizations.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques.
- Mastery of electrical and mechanical machining equipment, able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, and capable of setting up and monitoring preventive maintenance systems. Also capable of troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repairing, and recognizing acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)