This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Lab Technicians are responsible for supporting the efforts of the Engineering department by executing basic level technician diagnostic, test, and repair tasks. A successful Lab Technician is self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Understanding of Hydraulic Principles and Husco Products. Familiar with hydraulic circuit types and has a working knowledge of Open Center and Closed Center valves. Understanding of Load Sense and Pressure Compensated variants. Understanding of basic electrical circuits. Able to review and understand hydraulic schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to design and construct test circuits. Understanding of Basic Electrical Principles. A successful Lab Technician is thoroughly familiar with the operation of a multi-meter. Will have the ability to trouble shoot DC wiring systems such as those found on off-highway equipment or in a lab environment. Based on Lab work orders submitted, must be able to correctly and accurately design and construct performance and durability test set ups. Using fabrication skills to construct special test fixtures when required.
- Data Collection, Analysis of Performance, and Presentation of data. Analyze, test, troubleshoot and repair new or existing hardware, software, vehicle, electronic or manufacturing designs or processes. Perform testing with attention to detail to assure safety for themselves and people adjacent to the area. Cognizant of valve performance as tests progress to efficiently spot and evaluate product performance issues before moving on to subsequent testing. Has an understanding of data being collected and maintains test setups to assure resolution and accuracy. Maintain accurate records of testing performed. Prepare formal technical reports and basic data reduction/analysis. Present data clearly in formats as specified by the work order originator and communicate effectively with Engineering.
- On and offsite customer machine evaluations. Perform operation and testing of customer supplied vehicles. Aware of surroundings and external conditions to assure safety for themselves and people adjacent to machinery. Has fabrication skills allowing for modification of hydraulic circuits and installation of prototype valving. Familiarity with the use and maintenance of portable data acquisition equipment. Conduct self in a professional manner when interfacing with customers.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail
with an orientation towards results/execution.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a machine shop/diagnostic testing/repair required.
- Associates degree with emphasis in Fluid Power Technology, Hydraulics, Electronics or equivalent related military training is desirable.
- Experience working with (oscilloscopes, function generators), instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Demonstrates mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and intellectual curiosity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Visio, Labview Applications, MatLab scripts.
- Knowledge of hydraulics.
- Must possess good oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes internationally.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)