IT Security Analyst
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. This position requires an energetic and driven individual with a broad skillset who can connect security solutions to business risk. The Security Analyst is well equipped to identify business risks, security threats, and violations across the enterprise. This individual will actively seek guidance from Security and business leadership, prioritizing business value in security solutions, protecting digital assets, and minimizing Husco threat surface. The Security Analyst position requires a professional committed to continuous personal development, comfortable as an individual contributor, can provide technical leadership and is capable of orchestrating security project work activities. Successful individuals will have a sense of urgency, be self-motivated, customer focused, exhibit empathetic leadership qualities, is organized and detail oriented.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees which allows for:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Maintain and execute on security roadmap: You will lead the continuous update of corporate security roadmap in collaboration with external knowledge experts, internal technical professionals, and business leaders. In addition, you will distribute work initiatives between yourself and peers within IT or colleagues in the business on policies & training.
- Collaborative Security and Risk Management: You will be expected to establish open dialogues with business, security, and IT leadership to identify risks and propose security solutions focused on threat surface reduction across all aspects of a corporate hybrid cloud computing and digital asset environment. Design, construct, and implement security solutions across the entire Husco digital ecosystem. Provide digital security oversight for all Husco applications, systems, and networks.
Ensure security policy, procedure, and operational alignment with ISO 27001 standards. Drive risk avoidance thru active participation in various committees including IT Change Management Board, Project Review Board, and Information Risk Council.
Verify governance and compliance thru various activities including security audits, policy development, employee training and documentation of security practices in support of 3rd party audits and desired certifications.
- Educate, Train, Test and Monitor User Behaviors: Both as an individual and leader to IT and business members foster employee awareness to suspicious activities, encourage secure behaviors and establish testing & monitoring of desired behaviors.
- Monitoring, Detection & Incident Response: A successful Security Analyst will continuously improve visibility into security monitoring, detections, and response. You will be required to assist in development of security incident response plans as well as leading security incident response, working with relevant internal and 3rd party resources thru all steps of identification, containment, eradication, restoration, forensics, communications, and lessons learned.
- Project Leadership, Communication & Mentorship: Lead and participate in project teams within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere to successfully deliver business value thru positive project outcomes (timelines, cost controls, customer communication and satisfaction). Leveraging standardized metrics, you will qualify and measure business value and risk reductions of proposed and implemented security solutions in business terms. The Husco Security Analyst will mentor and support junior Husco security team members, providing them guidance in security work activities, across projects, training, operations, and incident response.
This position will be expected to demonstrate and develop strong customer service and communication skills by building good working relationships with all users across the organization. You will work closely with the IT Operations group to establish aligned operating methods, customer care, work instructions, SOP’s and documentation, resulting in a convergence delivery of IT and Security services.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years’ experience in Information Security including leadership responsibilities within an enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of practices, methodologies and administration related to the design, deployment and execution of Enterprise Information Security strategies and solutions.
- Experience with deployment and administration of Microsoft M365 E5 Security suite tools across a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence all levels of the organization
- Practiced in project management activities, experience with Azure DevOps a plus
- Knowledge of information security standards (ISO 27001, NIST)
- Strong written skills who is comfortable presenting material to a wide range of audience
- Holds 1+ Information and/or Cyber Security Certificates (CEH, CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+ or equivalent)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- (Ability to read, write and speak English.)
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)