Global ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) Manager
The Global ESG Manager is an energetic, driven and forward-thinking individual who will lead sustainability, environmental, social and governance initiatives around the world. The Global ESG Manager will design and develop global and facility-based initiatives, pulling together site EHS and operational teams to share best practice and ideas, and to support the focus on sustainability, environmental performance improvements and community engagement within our facilities and communities. This role will provide support to local site EHS leads to ensure environmental, sustainability and governance compliance within each of our locations.
The Global ESG Manager will influence key stakeholders, gaining buy-in for ESG projects and initiatives. They will develop tools and methodology for baselining environmental and sustainability performance, and use data and external benchmarking to focus improvements.
A successful Global ESG Manager is a self-motivated individual who can analyze problems quickly, prioritize and manage several projects concurrently. Must be a strong influencer and team player, work well with colleagues globally, and product results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional talent, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Benchmarking and Measurement. Liaises with and coaches site EHS leads to develop robust metrics. Develops and maintains carbon tracker within Husco manufacturing and supply chains. Review and ownership of reporting tools – IFS, Assent, Power BI. Implementation of improvements to tools and ownership of data. Responsible for analysing and communicating environmental and sustainability metrics that will build and sustain a culture of environmental stewardship within each of our facilities. Develops and maintains pragmatic policies, operating procedures and SOPs across sustainability, community investment, inclusion & diversity and other ESG related topics. This includes developing and maintaining our Environmental and Energy Management Systems, working with site leads to identify and develop relevant training and awareness. Supports with the development of relevant data, analysis, and recommendations to guide decision-making related to strategic activities and focus at each facility.
- Compliance and Reporting. Successfully co-ordinate and maintain all local, and global Environmental and Sustainability reporting requirements for all facilities. Champion ISO 50001 certification, including reports, internal audits, programs, and liaise with external auditors. Partner with various departments to complete annual sustainability reports and provide metrics for customer report requests.
- Continuous Improvement. Training and engaging of cross functional teams – Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Supplier Development and HR/EHS. Creation of gap / impact assessments and development of continuous improvement actions. Evaluating impact of ESG programmes, Will be responsible for the delivery of a range of innovative and forward thinking initiatives such as promoting greener transport and mobility, reduction of waste, energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greener spaces. Leads climate scenario analysis and decarbonisation / net zero strategy work. Manages the delivery of programmes to drive change – project planning, managing relationships with corporate and site stakeholders, developing internal communication campaigns. Provides project management, resources/tools, and guidance to drive success of ESG initiatives in partnership with appropriate business sponsors and functional team members
- Stakeholder Engagement and Influencing Change. Act as an ESG ambassador to internal and external related organisations, and foster a network to further knowledge, awareness and application of ESG best practices and trends. Provides consistency in feedback to customer sustainability audits / campaigns, partners with the Global Supply team to foster engagement and improvement within our supply base. Engages with employees and the local community to communicate vision and progress, highlight success stories and demonstrate our environmental stewardship to internal and external stakeholders.
- Risk Management. Partner with Husco leadership to define and analyze organizational risk as it relates to environmental and energy performance at all global locations. Partner with plant management, EHS teams and Manufacturing Engineering to drive compliance and to share best practice.
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication. Work closely with internal and external customer(s) to investigate all ESG requests, respond to questions and build collaboration across teams as necessary. Analyze and resolve problems and provide assistance, coaching and support as necessary.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand company and product knowledge, ESG abilities, and apply past experiences to positively impact the company culture. Ability to enhance and improve current programs or develop new programs as needed.
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Build strategic partnerships with Operations, EHS, Engineering and Manufacturing to be on the forefront of new company initiatives, programs, and activities that may impact a function of employee Health and Safety.
- Coach and Support Employees. Provide coaching, expert guidance and support to facility based EHS teams. May have indirect (dotted line) responsibility for site based environmental leads. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to global teams. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Broadly share both responsibility and accountability with site teams. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform the duties assigned. Improve performance and abilities of global teams through training, counselling and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive of each person’s career goals. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder. Coach and lead team in taking calculated risks.
- Strong Leader, Team Player and Contributor. Cross functional team members look to you as a leader and liaison for effective change. Combine strong attention to detail with and orientation towards results/execution.
- Relevant degree (e.g. sustainability, environmental science, engineering).
- IEMA/CIEEM membership desirable
- Broad knowledge of social, environmental and sustainability issues and trends
- Knowledge of sustainability measurement and social impact assessment processes, experience managing data and conducting analysis
- Experience in a role focused on sustainability management or consulting.
- Experience of sustainability reporting and preparing CR performance information for internal and external audiences, knowledge of reporting standards is desirable
- Experience managing ISO 140001 and ISO 50001 certification and renewal audits
- Project management, organisation and planning skills and detail-orientation
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, to complete reports and proposals, and active listening skills.
- Agility / flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exhibit good judgement, common sense, leadership, decision making skills, and possess effective interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel both nationally and internationally, as necessary.