Engineering Program Launch Manager
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides engineers the opportunity to pursue a career in engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Our Engineering Program Launch Manager will lead the activities of the project launch teams. In this leadership role, the employee will have significant oversight of the process, tools, and teams to ensure that Husco Automotive will continue to surpass the expectations of the automotive market for program launches. This includes responsibilities for managing and mentoring of several direct report Project Engineering teams which would consist of a Program Manager and Design/Project Engineers.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities globally
- Oversight of Multiple Program Teams. Lead 2-4 Program Managers to ensure program launches meet PPAP timing and customer technical expectations. Ensure that key risks are highlighted early and dealt with in an aggressive manner. Act as a liaison to upper management to ensure issues are understood and being addressed by all departments.
- System/Product Family Launch Ownership. Coordinate timing, risks, and development of multiple program teams to ensure system level or product family of projects are successful. Help the program teams through the problem-solving process as issues arise and drive the urgency required when these issues impact customer production.
- Provide Technical Leadership. Coordinate development (collaborate) with advanced engineering teams to ensure products meet all customer and technical product specification requirements. Utilize vehicle level knowledge to collaborate with customers to ensure new technology provides expected vehicle KPCs and provide targeted performance return for business case.
- Productionize New Technologies. Ensure design for robust manufacturability that supports Husco production targets (High OEE/FTT, low PPM/scrap) while ensuring process error proofing detects or prevents escape of any non-conforming product.
- Program Manager Development. Lead training and development of new and experienced program managers to guide them through the Husco Product Launch Process. Aide in transition of senior engineering employees into entry level manager roles.
- Steward Customer Relationships. Support the program teams as a management representative for customer visits and interactions. Ensure program manager-to-customer relationships are excellent and always reflecting a full service-oriented attitude to our customers. Develop positive outlook thinking within program teams that is reflected in every action and customer interface. Support the sales team in meetings with potential customers as both a technical representative as well as providing insight on our PM processes.
- Strong Leader, Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Cross functional team members look to you as a leader and liaison for effective change. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution. Ultimately, work with project team to improve price, maintain or exceed quality expectations, deliver on project timelines and provide superior customer communication.
- Quality issue management. Spearhead quality issues or perceived quality issues able to direct urgent strategic investigations while providing managed and clear communication to the customer. Lead the investigation approach to include all potential sources of the issue ensuring root cause is found and effectively corrected with immediate attention. Provide the extreme urgency, when needed, to stay ahead of customer requests and present our customer with a competent and expeditious response.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Business, or Engineering Management encouraged
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience including demonstrated ability to create, develop and implement new product or operations concepts.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
- Experience in account management, quality, operations or supply management role is highly desirable.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understands industry and customer standards – Specifically Automotive requirements
- Familiar with manufacturing process and controls.
- Understands the business impact of decisions.
- Understands project financials.
- Has led the successful completion of multiple complex customer Product Launches.
- Subject Matter Expert in multiple industry segments.
- Significant experience doing product design, verification testing, supplier development and customer support.
- Can facilitate cross functional group dynamics.
- Has successfully managed and developed engineers. Can identify and recruit talent.
- Acumen for strategic planning.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)