Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization.
Husco provides engineers the opportunity to pursue a career in engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Design Engineers work closely with experienced engineers, customers and suppliers from the design stage to production for 1-2 programs.
Collaborate in Product Design and Program Launch
- Work closely with Senior Engineers on 1-2 committed customer programs.
- Initially follow program from prototype build through launch and eventually apply product knowledge to new product development/design.
- A Design Engineer will potentially take part in product design, prototype build, supplier development, product build, production line development and launch, program launch and first pass yield reduction.
- For mechanical engineers this may include making calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, selection of materials, heat treatment, and assembly process.
- Able to create 3D models of valve components, and valve assemblies in Creo.
- Able to generate part drawings with correct dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Responsible to review all prints and specifications for design content and adherence to Husco standards
Coordinate Build and Testing of Prototypes
- Work closely with Lab Technicians or individually to develop necessary tests for products.
- A strong Design Engineer is not only able to describe the necessary testing but also aid in debugging the determined procedures.
Troubleshoot and Debug Design Flaws
- Take a hands-on problem-solving approach to product design complications by utilizing engineering principles/theories, tools, data and software to overcome product design issues and test failures.
Understanding of Hydraulic Principles and Husco Products
- Has a basic understanding of the Husco product line.
- Has a basic understanding of hydraulic circuits including Open Center, Closed Center, Load Sense, and Pressure Compensated hydraulic systems.
Interface with the Customer
- Work with customers to understand application and special requirements.
- Assist Project Engineers or Program Managers with concepts and reviews with customer.
- React to customer issues and provides ongoing design modifications and support from start of development process through support after production release.
Scale Steep Learning Curve
- Rapidly expand product knowledge, abilities, and job specific toolkit (Pro-E; hydraulics; magnetics; software – testing and engineering applications) to apply to product design and program launch.
Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication
- Design engineer will work closely with customer during program launch to execute requests, respond to questions and build collaboration across teams (both internal and external) as necessary.
- Customers should never receive unexpected major design changes.
Desirable skills, knowledge and Qualifications
- Able to operate independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A successful Design Engineer is hands-on and has a strong technical background along with experience within a Design for Manufacture environment. These skills, combined with flexibility, a problem-solving orientation, solid communication skills and attention to detail, enable successful program implementation.
- Strong team player and contributor
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced, high pressure and dynamic atmosphere
- Combines strong attention to detail and technical background
- Able to take direction from multiple engineers, effectively managing priorities and communication
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility
- This individual will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and exceed customer expectations
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talent, skills, and knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in Mechanical or related Engineering discipline. (required)
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- 3D CAD experience