This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. A successful Demand Planner is responsible for the daily management of customer demand inputs to Husco’s ERP System, which involves receipt or extraction of customer orders, schedules and forecasts, followed by analysis of accuracy and attainability from both capacity and material availability standpoints. This position also involves significant contribution to company profitability in the form of preserving profit margins on service part prices and executing expedite fees. The Demand Planner is the primary interface between customers and Husco Operations, requiring strong interpersonal and leadership skills, the ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts. A personal commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction is critical to success.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Manage Customer Forecasts. This is the key to mitigating the gap between customer firm order commitments and Husco’s global supply chain lead time. Responsible for analyzing customer forecasts for accuracy and volatility, request customers to improve, or override customer data when necessary. Forecasts must provide adequate visibility of future demand for both our external supply chain as well as internal operations groups.
- Achieve Customer Delivery Performance Goals. Set up systems to achieve success in delivery performance for key customers. This involves forecast management, requests for flywheel inventory or lower-level safety stocks, consistent internal expediting to avoid miscues, and maintenance of notes and records to handle disputes regarding monthly performance metrics.
- Quick Response to Customer Inquiries. Responsible for communication of Customer Service related issues regarding lead times, product availability, pricing, quotes on service part requests and the ordering process, including the expediting process and fees on customer inquiries. Research unusual requests to determine alternate solutions to complex customer problems. Provide details of options available to meet customer supply requirements.
- Timely and Accurate Order Entry. Responsible for timely and accurate entry of discrete customer orders, as well as proper management and communication of issues regarding EDI/Supply Chain orders. This process also includes prompt formal acknowledgement of delivery dates and pricing to the customer.
- Advocate for the Customer. Responsible to interface with Production Management, Engineering and Purchasing at all US facilities to supply prompt and accurate information to the customers regarding their orders. Expedite customer orders as needed to support supply requirements. Coordinate activities and relay information between the customer, Husco factories, sales personnel, and others, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain Computer System. Responsible for maintenance of customer order related records in the business system. This includes pricing tables, part number cross references, and special instructions utilized in producing, shipping and billing an order correctly and on time. Also includes maintenance of customer bill-to and ship-to information.
- Improve Department Performance. Recommend efficiency improvements to process and procedure to provide more timely and accurate support of customer. Respond to customer calls requiring a thorough knowledge of products, lead times, availability and the ordering process. Coordinate activities and relays information between the customer, factories, sales personnel, and others, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Export Documentation. Handles all export documentation including pro forma invoices, letters of credit, and freight quotations.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Associate’s Degree in business, operations/supply chain, sales/marketing, or equivalent in related area or comparable education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Preferred experience working with international companies with locations in China, India, and Brazil.
- Some technical product knowledge is a plus.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Operations, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail.
- Experience working with BAAN or another ERP system preferred.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)