This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Data Engineer role requires an energetic, driven, problem solving, and broad interest individual who can connect technical capabilities to business solutions. In pursuit of business solutions, the Data Engineer position requires skills in source system data structures, data extraction, data transformation, warehousing, DB administration, query development, and Power BI. In addition to these technical skills the role requires the individual to develop an understanding in the underlying business context and the data available in this context to create solutions. The position can operate independently and may complete tasks without direct supervision. The position requires an individual committed to continuous personal development guided by increasing service of business solutions. The position requires someone who is both an individual contributor and a mentor to users and individuals developing their analytical skills. Successful individuals will be self-motivated, customer focused, organized and detail oriented.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Design Databases & Data Warehouses. Identify database requirements by understanding the use case, analyzing systems and processes, create logical and Physical Data Models, Developed Data Pipelines using Azure Data Factory, Design Complex Data Models in Power BI, Reports development and deployment using SSRS and Power BI. Create complex TSQL queries, stored procedures, Functions.
- Provide BI solutions. Using databases and warehouses and synthesizing the business context and problem, develop visualization solutions which are elegant, comprehensive, simple, and consistent in layout and navigation. Solutions will also provide sufficient slicing and drilling to get to the necessary resolution to drive business insight or decision. Where possible integrate navigation to data sources or other reports to facilitate productivity.
- Support Enterprise Business Intelligence. Understand all technical aspects of the Information Services reporting systems. Leverage database expertise to provide streamlined, automated data for complex end user reports. Define data repository requirements, data dictionaries, warehousing requirements, and monitor/ troubleshoot Data Pipelines. Train business users in a self-service BI report development model.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Collaborate closely with technical and business colleagues to maintain or exceed quality expectations, deliver on project timelines, control costs and provide superior customer communication/satisfaction.
- Continuous Improvement. Maintain a growth mindset for both IT and Business operations. Remain current on technical trends and best practices with respect to Business Intelligence, Enterprise Data Warehouse, and Decision Support capabilities by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification strongly preferred
- Business Functional experience:
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following technology areas:
- IFS ERP
- Microsoft SQL for Manufacturing Execution System
- MS SQL Server and Oracle database design and architecture
- Data Engineering, Transformation & Data Warehousing
- Practices, methodologies, and tools related to the design, development, and support of Microsoft solutions
- Managing, optimizing, and tuning large-scale data warehouse. Distributed Databases (Azure Data warehouse), Large Scale Data warehousing and Partitioning, Column Store Index, etc.
- Expert Knowledge in SSIS 2012 or later
- Strong TSQL query skills including stored procedures and functions
- Latest Cloud Products/Technologies such as Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data warehouse (MPP), Document DB, Azure IOT Hub, HD Insight, Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory and SQL Server Stretch Database, Master Data Services
- Creating Azure Data Factory Pipelines to source and process data sets. CI/CD integration with DevOps Pipelines
- Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Data Explorer (Kusto cluster)
- MS Power BI analytics and services
- Availability for morning or evening work when required to support international sites in UK, India and China.
- Willing and available for domestic travel and international travel to UK, India and China
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey to others the desired outcome of the design
- Proven experience working within a team and supporting collaboration, innovation, and teamwork
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with end users
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)