Business Data Analyst
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Business Data Analyst role requires an energetic, driven, problem solving, and broad interest individual who can connect technical capabilities to business solutions. In pursuit of business solutions, the Business Data Analyst requires skills in source system data structures, data extraction, engineering, transformation, warehousing, database administration, query development, Power BI. In addition to these technical skills the position requires the individual to develop understanding in the underlying business context and data available in this context to create solutions. The position can operate independently and may complete tasks without direct supervision. The position requires an individual committed to continuous personal development guided by increasing service of business solutions. The position requires some who is both an individual contributor and a mentor to users and individuals developing their analytical skills. Successful individuals will be self-motivated, customer focused, organized and detail oriented.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Facilitate Convergence of Business Operations and Business Intelligence. Develop an understanding of Husco business operations and drive and manage high fidelity technology solutions to business problems. Partner with other IT teams and organizational departments to create a data-rich environment that will drive down costs, increase efficiencies, and improve access to and quality of data used for making business decisions.
- Business Operations and Data Source Acumen. Work closely with the Business Users to analyze requirements and convert these into building and implementing solutions using the Microsoft BI stack.
- Design Databases & Data Warehouses. Identify database requirements by understanding the use case, analyzing systems and processes, design complex data models in Power BI. Develop and deploy reports using SSRS and Power BI. Create complex TSQL queries, stored procedures, and Functions.
- BI Self-service. Provide training to business and technical users in available data sources and Power BI analytics to empower the organization to choose the right data sources and how to incorporate them into their own analysis. Training will include a mix of direct instructions, videos, office hours and mentorship.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Collaborate closely with technical and business colleagues to maintain or exceed quality expectations, deliver on project timelines, control costs and provide superior customer communication/satisfaction.
- Continuous Improvement. Maintain a growth mindset for both IT and Business operations. Remain current on technical trends and best practices with respect to Business Intelligence and Decision Support capabilities by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Functional experience:
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following technology areas:
- IFS ERP
- MS SQL for Manufacturing Execution System
- MS SQL Server and Oracle database design and architecture
- MS Power BI design and development experience with advanced knowledge of Power BI DAX Functions & M-Query. Familiarity with SSAS and Power BI/Pro
- Data visualization techniques and data storytelling. Deployment of BI reports/dashboards, setup user access management groups and setup robust data pipeline to feed BI solutions
- Implementation of row level security on data and understand the application security layer models in Power BI
- Experience working with various filters, build relationships and parameters to create interactive and dynamic reports
- Effective usage of Bookmarks, Buttons, Filters, Sync Slicers & Selection for easy navigation
- Experience in automation of various tasks in Power BI (Data Gateways, Scheduling, Power BI Data Flows, and Refreshes)
- Availability for morning or evening work when required to support international sites in UK, India and China.
- Willing and available for domestic travel and international travel to UK, India and China
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey to others the desired outcome of the design
- Proven experience working within a team and supporting collaboration, innovation, and teamwork
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with end users
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)