Automation Assembly Technician
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Automation Assembly Technicians work within our Husco Advanced Manufacturing team to support innovative new machine assembly designs and installation. A successful Technician has a strong technical and mechanical background, is able to rapidly learn new concepts/techniques, and is a strong team player. This individual will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and exceed customer expectations. Able to operate independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment, Assembly Technicians can switch gears quickly to build subassemblies and execute diagnostic de-bug as needed.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Build & Test Automation Equipment: Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers/Designers to read drawings, gather components, and assemble complex manufacturing equipment.
Utilize New Technology: Work with state-of-the-art technologies in the automation industry, forging relationships with vendors and learning new processes and methodologies.
- Troubleshoot & Debug Assemblies: Take a hands-on problem solving approach as challenges arise. Communicate challenges effectively, as well as develop solutions to mitigate the challenges.
- Participate in Up-Front Equipment Design: Participate in cross-functional reviews of equipment, ensuring efficiency, feasibility, and serviceability are incorporated into designs early on within the project.
- Pneumatic and Electrical Understanding: Opportunities will arise working with both pneumatic and electrical systems, including plumbing, field wiring, and cabinet wiring. This will require general knowledge in these areas, or a willingness to learn.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- General knowledge of manufacturing equipment and electro-mechanical devices, with automation experience a plus.
- Ability to work hands-on, with knowledge of various tools used for mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic prints, and translate theoretical information to actual equipment builds.
- Exhibits attention to detail and is good at documenting work performed. Takes pride in one’s work.
- Ability to obtain a certification in fork training and be able to maneuver hand jack, holds a valid driver’s license.
- Effective communication skills, positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, able to interact well intra-departmentally, and are confidential.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER)