Advanced Manufacturing Project Engineer
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for project design/leadership of automation equipment– typically new product lines for OEM applications, development of new manufacturing technology, and support of new product lines or major improvements of existing product lines in support of Husco strategic objectives. Actively supports and/or implements continuous improvement philosophies and techniques, training and development of training materials. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritizes workload, and manages several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Leads New Automation Equipment Development and Implementation. Create and develop manufacturing system concepts to fulfill business needs. Manage design resources and production to design, quote, specify, order, debug, receive, install, and runoff new production equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, assembly stations, work cells, test stations, material handling equipment, and packaging for new products/new processes. Supports the new product development process activities to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. Document procedures, processes, and best practices to support the new equipment.
- Develop and Implement New Manufacturing Processes. Conceives, develops and successfully implements new manufacturing processes and technology in support of strategic objectives.
- Upgrade Material and Equipment. Preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures for tooling and equipment needed in support of existing product lines or processes. Monitor and control all phases of new equipment construction from design approval though implementation on factory floor and control equipment costs during this process.
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise. Demonstrate your technical expertise in project management including but not limited to; scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, “selling” of new and innovative concepts. Technical resource for specific manufacturing methods and/or philosophies. Contribute significant technical support for large scale projects and existing manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Interface between Marketing, Design and Production to ensure designs are acceptable for manufacturing, equipment is designed in accordance with the designs presented and the equipment will work with the equipment we currently have. Work with peers and other support personnel with specifics to training on production equipment, problem solving, and preventive maintenance.
- Lead and Mentor Junior ME Staff. Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior Manufacturing Engineering staff. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to junior staff. Improve performance and abilities of junior staff through training and counseling. Bring out the best in people and is an effective people builder.)
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced, high pressure and dynamic atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail and technical background with ability to execute quickly and consistently. Able work with product engineering, marketing, and production personnel, effectively managing priorities and communication. Program manager of the project need to be considered as internal customer; working with all above optimize scope of work without sacrificing cost, and delivery of equipment.
- Champion for Safety. Safety focus is critical for the company. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Machine Design or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Experience designing and building automated equipment, working in an organization that has successfully used automation in manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing or project management experience
- Working knowledge of engineering calculations including but not limited to: kinematics, power, torque, structural, cylinders, cams, air and oil flow/pressure calculations, machine cycle time etc.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Position will require up to 20% of travel time (half of it international)
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)