Supply Chain Supervisor
This position is located in Whitewater, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. The Supply Chain Supervisor interfaces with all external raw material supply partners as well as internal manufacturing departments to maintain required inventory accuracy and optimized inventory level, including the development, implementation, and maintenance of inventory control procedures. Responsibilities include the strategic planning of all inbound raw material procurement for direct production, planning and administration of the Inventory Cycle Count Program, and management of the receiving process for inbound goods. Production business system support needs for transaction reconciliation and problem resolution are coordinated from this department, including resolution of receiving and work order transaction issues. A successful Supply Chain Supervisor is self-motivated, a natural trouble-shooter and analytical problem-solver who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritizes workload & attention to detail, and manages several tasks concurrently.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents, skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Supervise and Develop Team of Supply Chain Analyst and Material Handlers / Receiving personnel to meet organizational goals and objectives: Demonstrate core cultural competencies to team members – act as a positive leader and motivator for team. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments and monitor team member output to ensure expectations are met, engaging members to facilitate improvement when expectations are not met. Attract, retain, and develop the best people from inside or outside. Create an environment that allows employees the opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform. Improve performance and abilities of team members through training, counseling, disciplining, and responding to employee ideas and concerns. Conduct employee performance evaluations, administer performance improvement plans, build strong, cohesive team. Be aware of and supportive of each team member’s career goals.
- Strategic Leadership: Drive overall group strategy in alignment with organizational goals and objectives. Ensure processes are in alignment with strategy.
- Ensure Consistent Supply of Direct Materials to Support Production Operations and Maintain Inventory Accuracy: Support all global raw material procurement strategies and interface directly with international and domestic supply partners to ensure consistent supply of materials for direct production. Develop strategic material planning initiatives, utilizing data as a primary resource to drive material planning decisions. Administer the Inventory Cycle Count Program to assure compliance with established accounting guidelines. Focus on statistical counting process, including appropriate root cause analysis and effective corrective action – find causes, develop solutions and make appropriate adjustments. Develop, implement, and maintain inventory control procedures and programs that ensure accurate inventory records. Participate and/or facilitate projects relating to inventory moves or changes in material flow practices to ensure inventory accuracy is properly maintained. Sustain appropriate inventory structure within the business system for individual items and bill of materials. Facilitate inventory movements and analysis of production scrap, reclaim, and quality hold material.
- Coordinate Disposition of Obsolete Inventory: Administer and coordinate disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Receive Inventory: Provide timely receipt of all inbound goods to the company, assuring the highest levels of inventory accuracy and turnaround. Support corporate inventory turns objectives through these activities. Support evaluation and processing of manual material requisitions.
- Support New Products: Provide necessary coordination for supporting new product launches and Engineering Change Requests from a business system, material planning, and work order maintenance perspective.
- Manage Fleet of Powered Industrial Equipment: Monitor powered industrial equipment fleet usage and coordinate preventative maintenance, ensure safe operating practices, quote product repairs and replacement products with repair facilities, negotiate pricing with external vendors.
- Prioritize Daily Activities: Able to work in a fast-paced environment with limited resources and a strong sense of urgency. Effectively prioritize and complete supply chain activities, including but not limited to – material planning, shipment processing, production scheduling, logistics, customer service.
- Utilize Various Systems Effectively: Strong understanding and utilization of the following systems:
ERP – Material Requirements Planning: Create, track, and reschedule Shop Floor Control (SFC) orders using Baan ERP system. Create and maintain sales / purchase contracts and schedules, monitor planned inventory movements, process shipments, create purchase orders, generate receipts. Set up customers for EDI transactions and supplier portals for ASN creation.
Excel – Create spreadsheets, develop planning tools, import business system data through power query.
Internet / Customer Systems – Work with customer systems as required.
Power BI – utilize cross-functional reports to make strategic data-driven decisions.
- Manage Continuous Improvement Efforts: Develop and drive longer term initiatives and projects for continuous and step function improvement in key performance metrics related to safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and profitability. Negotiate miscellaneous product pricing with external supply vendors.
- Maintain a Lean Manufacturing Culture: Use lean manufacturing techniques coupled with data driven decision making to drive 0 ppm customer reported quality, warranty and on-time delivery standards.
- Monitor Finished Goods Inventory: Monitor finished goods inventory accuracy and audit production order reporting. Plan and implement finished goods inventory control initiatives. Maintain on time shipments to Customers.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor: Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- College Degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in production & material planning and control.
- Automotive industry knowledge a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of MPS/MRP and a strong background in business system and logistics required.
- Experience in Materials related capacity is a plus.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Operations, Quality, Design Engineering, Supplier Development Engineering, and Sales.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and Power BI preferred. Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)