Husco are a privately owned, ambitious innovation company who are highly focused vehicle experts that support customers from concept to production. We are a high-quality global engineering and manufacturing company who believe in making machines smarter! We have 6 global manufacturing sites and a worldwide engineering team.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- A Production Planner interfaces with all manufacturing departments and the Master Scheduler to release production orders accordingly.
- The schedules will meet changing customer requirements yet provide sufficient reaction time to manufacturing and the supply base, while constantly driving toward increased inventory turns.
- Coordinate customer expedites, communicate with the Customer Service and Operations team on key planning issues, and prepare various manufacturing reports.
- A Production Planner interacts with Operations, Customer Service, Engineering, Inventory Control and Purchasing.
Optimize Production Scheduling
- Interface with manufacturing departments and Master Scheduler to optimize near-term production schedules to meet customer needs and minimize internal and supply base volatility, inefficiency, expediting, and additional cost.
- Effective sequencing of jobs, processes, and assignments to individual work centres or lines and provide interface between Operations, Customer Service and Master Scheduler
- Coordinate with Operations to develop and execute production plan.
- Develop effective scheduling process to achieve production objectives.
- Proactively identify, analyse and address production issues in a timely fashion.
- Daily analysis, planning, and review of work centre capacity based on requirements loaded by Customer Service and Master Scheduler.
- Verify labour reporting accuracy. Works with Operations to orchestrate effective resolution of root cause of any issues found.
- Maintain and review dispatch lists targeting sales order due dates.
- Communicate with various departments on any potential production issues or needs.
- Work with Master Scheduler and Operations to plan, coordinate and communicate production schedules.
- Develop and maintain daily / weekly production status reports.
- Monitor workflow and schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure that production plans are provided in sufficient time to ensure material, labour and equipment availability is prepared in advance.
- Coordinate with production, purchasing and sales teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters.
- Generate production reports to Managers for critical decision making purposes.
Maintain a Lean Manufacturing Culture
- Use lean manufacturing techniques coupled with data driven decision making to drive 0 ppm customer reported quality, warranty, and on-time delivery standards.
- A successful Production Planner is a strong coordinator, an effective communicator, a good problem-solver and is self-motivated.
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere.
- Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Strong team player and contributor
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent education or experience.
- Relevant experience in production planning and control required.
- In-depth knowledge of MPS/MRP and a strong background in business system and logistics required.
- Experience in Materials related capacity is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.